BREAKING NEWS

Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Asam Pedas Melaka

Actually I'm not foodie but I love to variety food at place I'm visited. I have been to Melaka many time but this is the 1st I try to Asam Pedas in Melaka. My friends brought and told me that the famous Asam Pedas in Melaka actually at Asam Pedas Claypot and Asam Pedas Melaka. The restauran actually behind the Jongker Walk. This is my 1st time so I cannot say this the best Asam Pedas in Malaysia but I can say this Asam Pedas is very delicious and very spicy. You must eat rice with dishes as a complete of Asam Pedas. If you like spicy food you should try this Asam Pedas and try to never miss the food everytime you come to Melaka. I'm really enjoy the food and you can see on my 1st picture that I'm try to finish the food hehehe. If I come back again this is the food that I will try it again.

A little bit about Asam Pedas has same meaning in Indonesia (Indonesian: Asam Pedas, Malay: Asam Pedas, Minangkabau: Asam Padeh, English: Sour and Spicy) is a Minangkabauand Malay sour and spicy stew dish popular in Indonesia and Malaysia. The main ingredients (usually seafoods or freshwater fishes) were cooked in asam (tamarind) fruit juice with chilli and many other spices. The cooking process involves soaking the pulp of the fruit until it is soft and then squeezing out the juice for cooking the fish. Asam paste may be substituted for convenience. Various vegetables such asterong or brinjals (Indian eggplants), okra and tomatoes are added. Fishes and seafoods (such as mackerel, red snapper, tuna, gourami,pangasius or cuttlefish) either whole body or only fish heads are added to make a spicy and tart fish stew. It is important that the fish remain intact for serving so generally the fish is added last.









"Think About Your Next Trip"

Share this:

 
Copyright © 2014 Koloni Traveler. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Blogger Templates20